Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

SURPRISE!!! The Weekend Does Contain Calories

I am forever baffled by those that spout stories of great unhealthy weekend excesses, and then finish by saying “but I ran/exercised on Saturday morning”. A statement that sounds as if it’s their attempt to justify their behavior; or perhaps their assumption is that by saying it out loud it will have a magical impact and negate the bodily damage that was done by too much of whatever they partook in.
 
I am not a prude or a teetotaler; I have a multitude of stories of my weekend (sometimes not limited to the weekend) excesses. However as someone that now prides myself on my fitness and my focus on health not my consumption of alcohol beverages, I am frustrated and baffled by those that feel that they can out exercise a bad diet.
 
Why spend the week in the gym, putting in the work and the sweat and at times tears, only to undo those efforts in a few short hours? Those few drinks, that rich food from the restaurant, that decadent behavior more often than not totals more calories than burned during your combined workout effort during the week.
 
Personally, a weekly splurge or treat isn’t out of question…I’m pretty steadfast on some things but even I need my occasional froyo splurge or pizza treat. Moderation is the key to success when it comes to your food plan and exercising. Reward yourself in a manner that reflects your hard work not in a way that will completely undo your hard work.
 
If you’re not progressing, if you seemed to have stalled and are stuck stagnate in your journey take a few minutes to look at what your weekend activities look like. Contrary to popular belief, the weekend counts just as much as the other five days in the week….especially when calories are involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment