Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where

                I suppose the where have I been might be good place to start. I don’t really have a decent answer to that other than I’ve been focusing on caring for Mom and somewhat forgot about my blog. 
                But the where I was originally going for while the idea was kicking around in my head was where I work out. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings I wake up at 4:30am to make my way to the Frederick Indoor Sports Complex (FISC). Technically, I work out at 368 Athletics which is the kick ass gym located inside the FISC. There Regina has me run up and down the soccer field with various apparatuses along with playing with various machines. 
                I use to think that the days in between were off days where I could recover my muscles. Orginally, the in between days were needed to do just that. The first few weeks I felt as if I was going to die or at least never walk or move my arms like a normal human being. However, as I got stronger I craved the exercises on the “off days.”
                On the off days I work out at home with my newly purchased equipment. A balance ball, medicine ball, bar bells and a jump rope.  I also use the neighborhood streets (when my shin splints aren’t being cranky) to run. When my shins are incredibly cranky I use my cyc-ops to pedal many miles while watching CNN or whatever else appeals to me on a particular morning.
                I’m finding the mixed up routine of places helps keep me from getting bored, something I was worried might happen when I found out there was a two year wait for the PFT. However with the new goal of the Marine Corps Marathon I’m feeling motivated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment